“The Jogging Update” (v0.7.8) brings our first pass at a new single-player mode: Race!
- Grab the flag as quick as you can
- Improve your score by collecting stars and exploding targets along the way
- Compete against the playback of your best score (currently the white dot — in the future, maybe not a white dot?)
- Compare your scores with others on the leaderboard
Race mode is also the first in-the-wild use of FlowCam — our camera controller. It attempts to allow precise control over framing while smoothly following the character. So far it’s been doing a great job of letting layout be more purely a creative task.
The update includes a few different race levels — all considered experimental as we continue to make more and continue to learn what works well and what doesn’t.
WARNING! As time goes on, race levels may experience significant changes — if so, the leaderboards for those levels may be wiped
Other changes are in v0.7.8 too
- Improved AI on tutorial levels
- Improved interaction between thrownSword and jumping
- Other minor tweaks