A few notes about the top-level game options
It tries to provide resolutions that are decent choices for the player:
- less-than-or-equal-to the resolution of the display (as set in the OS’s display settings)
- and at or near the aspect ratio of the display
Most systems should be able to run the game no problem (if not at 1080p+ then likely at something like 720p), but just in case, there’s also a low quality setting:
- Fewer particle effects
- Simpler shaders
- Less post processing effects
- Replay system records at 15 fps (half the usual replay-framerate)
*Also, note the scrolling explanation text that appears when a button is selected. It seemed like a nice way to include more info when the layout space is constrained.. but I’m interested to hear people’s reactions.
A couple settings are useful in their own regard but somewhat targeting people who play on projectors. First is contrast and next is..
- An option to turn ON or OFF preview-edges
- shameful secret: the current implementation of OFF does all the standard preview-edge computation.. then shades it 100% black.
- Music volume
- Sound effects volume
- and a way to reset all options to their defaults